How to Apply For Bank Clerk Posts
The position of a bank clerk is one of the most coveted jobs in India. Every year a large number of people apply for the posts advertised by leading banks across the country. This article attempts to shed some light on the various bank clerk posts available across the country and the way to apply for them.
The following are the major bank clerk posts available in India:
- IBPS Clerk
- SBI Clerk
- RBI Assistant
- ICICI Bank Clerk
- HDFC Bank Clerk
Out of these, IBPS, SBI and RBI are government jobs while ICICI and HDFC are privately owned. Smaller banks also conduct their own recruitment exams which broadly follow the pattern of these exams. The procedure to apply for these exams are discussed below:
- IBPS Clerk: To apply for this exam, aspirants have to fill the IBPS clerk application form and pay the exam fees on the official website of the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection.
- SBI Clerk: Candidates can apply through the SBI careers website, pay the relevant fees and upload necessary documents.
- RBI Assistant: Applications are accepted through the RBI website, along with the examination fees and documents.
- ICICI Bank: ICICI bank conducts an exam in conjunction with Manipal University and others for a 6-month training programme in banking. At the end of the training, based on performance in the programme, a limited number are absorbed as employees in the bank. They also have direct interviews for experienced clerks.
- HDFC Bank: HDFC Bank has a very similar programme to ICICI bank. However, fresher candidates are recruited directly and those who complete the training programme are absorbed without any other recruitment step in between. Similar to all other private banks, it also conducts direct recruitment for experienced clerks.
Candidates should be careful while applying for these positions as any mistake in the form would render the candidature null and void. For government bank examinations, the fees are non-refundable. For example, if you do not fulfil IBPS clerk eligibility, and still apply for the exam, the institute will reject the candidature even after successfully clearing the exam. For this reason, while applying for these exams, the following factors should be kept in mind:
- Availability of Supporting documentation
- Preparation Level for the Exam
Of these, eligibility and supporting documentation go hand in hand. In case you are eligible for the exam, you should have all documents such as academic certificates, identity proof and birth certificate ready just in case.
Preparation level for the examination is also an important factor to consider while going for a bank clerk job. The level of competition is very high for these posts. Lack of preparation would mean loss of time and a decline in morale for the candidates. Many toppers of competitive exams, stress the importance of being well prepared and having confidence in oneself. One such topper, UPSC AIR 80 Khushboo Gupta takes us through the mindset required to crack competitive exams in this video.